My glasses at the ready I have my place picked out, depending on the weather and I'm looking forward to a thrilling two minutes.
Haha, it seems funny to put such effort into two minutes, but I really am looking forward to experiencing this eclipse! Have you looked at any of the photos that have been taken from past solar eclipse? They are beautiful! I am very hopeful to see something like these. http://www.skyandtelescope.com/online-gallery/solar-eclipse-pictures/. If you scroll down you'll see several awesome photos. My favorites are from 2008 and 2016. I especially like 2016 in Indonesia.
If you haven't planned out your location to view it, here is a link to its path across the USA. https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2017/nasa-looks-to-the-solar-eclipse-to-help-understand-the-earth-s-energy-system The total eclipse will be 70 miles wide. If you are planning on going to a location within its path here are a few tips to consider.
1) Pack as though you are going camping. Why? because there is expected to be millions of people, just like yourself who are wanting to be apart of this once in a lifetime phenomenon.
2) Pack lots of food and water just in case the restaurants are busy or run out of the foods you like.
3) Pack an empty trash bag to dispose of your waste.
4) Pack toilet paper and napkins...just in case.... and please pick up after yourselves!
5) Pack a pillow in case you get stuck on the highway, with so many cars there are bound to be some accidents
6) Make sure your car gas tank is on full, I'd even fill up again as I get close to ground zero
7) Make sure your car has its regular maintenance, windshield wiper fluid, radiator fluid...you know in case you want to leave your car running while in traffic. You don't want to be the next person who is stuck on the road! I bet there will be a long wait for AAA to arrive.
8) Pack your ISO approved eclipse glasses!!! You can't watch this event without them!
Pack your patience!!
9) You know where there are a lot of people gathered there will be some tired and grumpy ones among them. Just take a deep breath and remember why you are there. Everyone wants an enjoyable and memorable experience.
10) Have fun!!
"Thank You For Continuing To Allow Me To Be A Part Of Your Wellness Journey" Leesa~
You are not alone...Join Our Community for support and ideas on eating healthier for every meal of the day AND get a FREE 20 Healthy Snacks list!
There is something for everyone on this list of 20 Healthy Snacks
You'll Never Need To Eat Unhealthy Again!