Spring is here at last in Ohio. The birds are building their nests and singing bright and early each morning. The flowers and trees are in bloom and so are seasonal allergies.
Do you have itchy eyes and a drippy nose? Are you fed up with fits of sneezing? You might be like millions of others whose immune system is over reacting to all of the pollens floating in the air.
Don't feel defeated!! Here are several ways to boost your immune system and ward off those annoying allergy symptoms and it starts in your gut.
* Drink a glass of warm water with the juice of half an organic lemon first thing in the morning. This starts your digestive system by increasing your bile and helping to balance your ph.
* Only eat whole-fat organic dairy products or omit it completely. If you are eating or drinking dairy that came from cows who were fed grains that were treated with pesticides than the milk that's produced will not have the bacteria to help it break down once you ingest it. And worse yet it will cause your digestive system to react to the foreign substances that were passed along through the milk. Organic dairy is readily available these days. And it's touted to help lose unwanted pounds!
* Omit refined sugars, these are the added sugars like white table sugar or agave and at the top of the list is high fructose corn syrup. It's in so many different products. Read the labels of anything with tomatoes in it and you are likely to find it. But if you are a savvy shopper you will find a brand you like that cares about the health of their customers and uses as many good-for-you ingredients as they can.
* Processed grains are another source for unhealthy immunity. Look for sprouted grains like quinoa and Ezekiel bread
* If you stick to whole organic foods it will be easy to strengthen your digestive system so your body can stop over reacting to the pollens floating in the air.
You are not alone...Join Our Community for support and ideas on eating healthier for every meal of the day AND get a FREE 20 Healthy Snacks list!
There is something for everyone on this list of 20 Healthy Snacks
You'll Never Need To Eat Unhealthy Again!